- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large pot, heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes, ham, corn, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook until heated through.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional herbs or cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Can’t wait to try this. I am a soup lover… especially in fall and winter.