I also have a freeze dryer so I can freeze dry my soups to make them shelf stable and do not have to keep them in the freezer. One of my favorites is Cream of Mushroom. Here you see it Freeze dried and rehydrated. I store it in either jars or mylar with o2 absorbers. Shelf life is about 10 years.
1. Clean one pound of mushrooms: remove stems and set aside. Thinly slice the caps.
2. In a 4-quart sauce pan sauté the sliced caps in the lemon juice and butter until soft. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
3. Sautee the onion and stems in the left-over juice until tender.
4. Stir in flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
5.Gradually stir in the chicken broth, stirring constantly until thickened.
6. Blend contents of the pot with either an emersion blender or in batches in your blender.
7. Return to pot: stir in salt, pepper, milk and mushrooms. Heat to a medium simmer and serve