Lasagna Soup is easily made with ground beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasonings, tomato sauce, pasta and served with mozzarella cheese!
A DELICIOUSLY COMFORTING SOUP RECIPE
What is more comforting than a pasta-type soup? This is a fun little twist on lasagna. And like many other soups, you can add in whatever flavors you enjoy. Mushrooms or even ricotta cheese can be added. Make it your own. But it is seriously delicious. And seriously comforting.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 32 ounce carton chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with the onion and bell pepper.
Add in garlic during the last couple of minutes of cooking so it doesn’t burn and stir.
Drain excess grease from the ground beef mixture. Put ground beef back into the pot.
Stir in thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, brown sugar, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir well and bring mixture up to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, add in broken lasagna noodles. Stir. Simmer until noodles are tender (about 10 or so minutes). Stir occasionally.
Finally, stir in Parmesan cheese.
Ladle soup into bowls. Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- You’ll need about 6 whole lasagna noodles to make about 2 cups broken.