This Easy Keto Italian Lettuce Wrap is the perfect low-carb lunch idea! This flavor-packed no-cook keto recipe has under 4 net carbs and is easy to meal prep!
While the holidays are fun, I sometimes find them super stressful, too. It’s exciting to come up with the perfect holiday menu, but by the time I’ve done all the planning and cooking and cleaning, I’m pretty worn out. For the next week or two after a major food holiday, I’m looking for any recipes that don’t require me to put in a ton of effort!
This Easy Keto Italian Lettuce Wrap is perfect for times like this. I want something nutritious and tasty, but I don’t want to work for it. This recipe just requires you to raid the deli drawer and wrap it all up together!
I did go a step further than usual, though… I added a special sauce! Don’t worry, I also went easy here… It’s literally two ingredients. With mayonnaise and pepperoncini peppers, you can add a creamy, almost-spicy taste of heaven that really pulls the whole wrap into a delicious meal.
Because the sauce goes between the cheese and meat, you can meal prep these a day or two ahead of time so you’re not in a rush to pack your lunch in the morning! These travel well and can even be eaten on-the-go, while waiting in the pickup line at school, or from the couch. Take a break from the cooking and enjoy this easy keto wrap instead!
Ingredients for Italian Lettuce Wraps
- Lettuce- any type you prefer; see notes below for suggestions.
- Meat: Pepperoni and Salami, I prefer the larger deli slices, however smaller pizza style slices will also work.
- Cheese: sliced smoked Gouda or Provolone work best in this recipe.
- Special sauce ingredients: Mayonnaise and Pepperoncini Peppers
How to make a Keto Italian Wrap?
The special sauce is the first step. In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise and sliced Pepperoncini peppers and set aside. Next, tear a 12 inch square of parchment or wax paper to use as your base. This step makes assembling the lettuce wraps much easier. Place 2-3 lettuce leaves in the center of the paper so they slightly overlap, creating a solid barrier.
Following this, add sliced smoked Gouda in the center. Top with the Pepperoncini mayo, sliced salami and pepperoni. Use the wax paper to help you wrap it tightly (like a burrito) and slice down the center when ready to eat. That’s it! The perfect keto lettuce wrap!
What Lettuce to Use for Lettuce Wraps
This all comes down to your preferences! If you like a big crunch, iceberg lettuce is your best bet. However, they are super fragile and often tear. Romaine lettuce is a close second for crunch, and the big, flat leaves can be a little easier to roll. If you prefer a softer lettuce and one that is unlikely to tear, try Bibb lettuce!
You can also use others like Collard greens or Swiss chard, but they can be a bit tough. You can always blanch these heartier greens in water for a minute or two before using–They come out tender but tear-resistant!
How Wrap the Best Lettuce Wraps
- Build a base: use wax or parchment paper to create a solid base to help you roll your wrap tightly. Lettuce can tear or shift as you roll and this is the perfect way to secure it. It also makes it easy for packing in a grab-and-go lunch!
- Use the correct lettuce: you probably already know that different varieties of lettuce have different qualities. If you want a good crunchy wrap be sure to use fresh iceberg lettuce. Romaine is a close second for crunch as well. Alternatively, if you prefer a softer lettuce that you can really stuff without tearing too easily, use Bibb lettuce.
- Be careful how you order ingredients: To keep your wrap together, it’s important that the sauce goes between the cheese and the meat. If the sauce is on the lettuce, it’s more likely to fall apart. The large slices of cheese go on top of the lettuce to help prevent the filling from spilling out if the lettuce tears.
- 2-3 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 3 slices large deli Pepperoni
- 3 slices large deli Salami
- 1 slice smoked Gouda
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Pepperoncini Peppers, sliced
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise and sliced Pepperoncini peppers, set aside.
- Tear a 12 inch square of wax paper to use as your base.
Place 2-3 lettuce leaves in the center of the paper so they slightly overlap creating a solid barrier.
- Add sliced smoked Gouda in the center. Top with the Pepperoncini mayo, sliced salami and pepperoni.
- Use the wax paper to help you wrap it tightly like a burrito.
Slice down the center when ready to eat.