- 500g all-purpose flour
- 7g instant yeast
- 10g salt
- 350ml water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Slowly add the water while stirring until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450F (230C) and place a Dutch oven with its lid on the middle rack to heat up.
- Once the dough has risen, shape it into a round loaf and place it on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Carefully remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven and take off the lid.
- Pick up the parchment paper with the dough and lower it into the Dutch oven. Put the lid back on.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and has a crispy crust.
- Carefully remove the bread from the Dutch oven and let it cool before slicing and serving.
Note: you can add some herbs, garlic, cheese or seeds to the dough before the final rise to give the bread more flavor. Also, you can use different type of flour (whole wheat, rye, spelt etc) to change the character of the bread.