- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cheese tortellini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cheese tortellini. Let cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil or parsley if desired.