- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped chives, croutons
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onions, celery, and garlic in a small amount of butter or oil until softened.
- Add the potatoes and broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup through and serve with desired toppings.