shells cooked in heavy salted water. In a bowl, add drippings, a squeeze of lemon, 2-3 Tblsp cream. Transfer shells from pasta water with a slotted spoon. The water that’s in the shells is enough to loosen up everything. Add more pasta water if you wish. A bit of parsley and dill in the pasta water as it cooks.
Creamy Lemon Pasta Shells
- 1 pound pasta shells
- Salt for the pasta water
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken or beef drippings
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Parsley and dill, to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta shells and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
- In a bowl, combine the heavy cream, chicken or beef drippings, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- When the pasta shells are done cooking, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the bowl with the creamy lemon sauce. The water that is in the shells should be enough to loosen up the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of the pasta water to thin it out.
- Sprinkle some parsley and dill over the top of the pasta. Serve hot.
I hope this helps!