- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots to the pot and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cream cheese, stirring until it has melted and is fully incorporated.
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, thyme, rosemary, basil, salt, and black pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the soup has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with crumbled bacon and chopped parsley.
Enjoy your delicious Creamy Crack Chicken Soup!