- 6 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb. firm white fish, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1/2 lb. squid, cleaned and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, bay leaves, thyme, and red pepper flakes (if using) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the fish stock or clam juice and white wine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the fish, shrimp, scallops, and squid to the pot, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the soup for 10-15 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Cioppino soup stew!