- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!