- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the chocolate loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!