These easy Halloween cookies are sugar free, gluten free and drizzled with sugar free chocolate. A delicious, totally guilt-free cut-out cookie recipe that’s perfect for low carb and keto diets and suitable for diabetics.
- 40 g / ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 80 g / ⅔ cup plus 2 tbsp almond flour ground almonds work as well
- 60 g / ⅓ cup powdered sweetener (So Nourished)
- 120 g butter softened, unsalted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder unsweetened
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum optional
For the glaze
- 50g unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp powdered sweetener (So Nourished)
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor or with a blender, then add the butter and combine until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide into 2 balls and roll out between two sheets of non-stick baking paper.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. This is an essential step!!
- Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter of your choice. If the dough has been in the freezer for too long, it might break easily. In this case, just wait a few minutes to continue. Place the cut-outs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Form the leftovers of the dough into a ball, roll out again and repeat the freezer step.
- Bake your first batch for 6-7 minutes until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Let cool completely before glazing. These cookies are VERY FRAGILE when straight out of the oven. They firm up as they cool down.
- Slowly melt chocolate in a water bath (see post) or in a pot over a low heat. You can also do it in a microwave in 30 second bursts. Add powdered sweetener and stir until combined.
- Fill into a ziplock bag, pierce a hole and drizzle over the cooled cookies.