This chicken vegetable soup is full of shredded chicken, vegetables and potatoes, all in a savory tomato broth. An easy and healthy dinner option that the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded or cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large Russet potato peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup diced green beans fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pot.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, chicken broth and potato to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Stir in the corn and green beans and cook for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 762mg | Potassium: 1010mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3820IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3.2mg