This Chicken Tortilla Soup is a comfort food classic! This one-pot soup is loaded with all veggies, all flavors, corn, beans, and tender chicken chunks. Only 10 minutes of preparation required!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium red pepper (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 medium jalapeno (diced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 400 ml low sodium diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 341 ml canned corn (with juice, about 12 oz)
- 1 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- sliced jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges and tortilla strips for garnish as desired.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, onion, jalapeno, and saute over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
Add tomato paste, minced garlic, cumin, and chili powder into pot. Toast for 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Add chicken breasts and submerge in the liquid. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Remove chicken breasts and shred.
Place shredded chicken back into soup. Add canned corn and rinsed black beans and heat through.
Season to taste and serve.