- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook chicken over medium heat until browned.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, basil, oregano and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, diced tomatoes, macaroni, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until macaroni is tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Optional: You can add some chopped spinach or kale for extra greens.
Can’t wait to try it