If you’re adding veggies as toppings, lightly coat them with oil so that they can bake better. Season the veggies first too for more flavor during the baking. Read the online recipe write up tips and view the helpful step by step pictures. It is better to have the chicken finely shredded instead of a large chunky shreds. The crust will hold together more firmly and will be less likely to break apart.
Makes one 10-inch/25-cm pizza. Nutrition based on crust, pizza sauce, & cheese.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) packed cooked shredded chicken (about 1/2 lb.-227g)
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pizza sauce , sugar-free bbq sauce, or alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup (57 g) cheese (shredded mozzarella, blue cheese, feta or parmesan)
- sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, veggies
- pepperoni, bacon bits, sausage
Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly oil the parchment paper evenly where the chicken will lay.
In bowl whisk the eggs. Add the shredded chicken, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Layer the chicken mixture on the oiled parchment paper into a round or square shape. Pat and press the chicken together making sure there’s no air between the chicken. Flatten and shape the crust, about 1/4-inch (6mm) thin.
Bake the chicken crust for about 15-20 minutes or until it start to crisp, golden and firm. Then allow the crust to cool for about 5-10 minutes so it can become a little more firm.
Add your favorite sauce and toppings and return the pizza to the oven. Bake for about another 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and toppings are cooked.