This Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup is the perfect low carb comfort food! Enjoy a bowl of this cheesy chicken soup for about 5 net carbs!
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain off all of the grease except about 2 tablespoons.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots and sauté until the vegetables are tender and the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken to the pot, top with the ranch seasoning, half the cooked bacon, and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, place the lid on the soup and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Allow the soup to cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the chicken is tender and cooked through remove from the pot and shred.
- While the chicken is on the cutting board add the heavy cream, softened cream cheese and one cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese has dissolved. Stir the chicken back into the soup and serve immediately.
- Top with the remaining bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.