- 1 pound sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove sausage from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the flour until it is well combined and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and milk to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked sausage and cheese until the cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired, and serve hot.