Here’s a recipe for cheesy bacon potato soup:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside, reserving the bacon grease in the pot.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- Return the pot to the heat and stir in the milk and cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Crumble the reserved bacon and stir it into the soup.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!