This Cheeseburger Soup is thick, hearty, and loaded with the best cheeseburger flavors! This soup is packed with ground beef, potatoes, veggies, and plenty of cheese. Make it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 lb potatoes cut into ½” cubes (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a large pot or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onions until almost browned, about 5 minutes. Drain fat if needed.
Add carrots and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, salt, parsley, mustard and pepper and cook 1 minute.
Add broth and potatoes.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
Whisk together cream and corn starch and add to soup along with cheese, cooking and stirring on low until thickened. Serve.