- 1 (20oz) Package 15 Bean Soup Mix, soaked overnight
- 1lb Ground Beef (or venison) browned
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1lb Smoked Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
- 1 (15oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Bay Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- Add the package of beans to a pot of water to soak overnight.
- Brown the ground meat and add to the slow cooker along with all the other ingredients.
- Add the chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- At the end, remove the cover for the last 30 minutes to thicken. You can also smash some of the beans on the side of the slow cooker to thicken the juices.