This easy Cabbage Soup is a healthy soup recipe made with just SIX ingredients, including cabbage, carrots, onions, celery, and tomatoes. Dairy free, vegetarian, gluten free and DELICIOUS.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage (about 1/3 large head)
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings 14oz/400ml
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add cabbage, carrots, celery and onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until all vegetables are tender (40-60 minutes, depending on your preferred consistency).
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Calories: 96.56cal | Carbohydrates: 17.92g | Protein: 6.12g | Fat: 1.44g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 706.04mg | Potassium: 702.94mg | Fiber: 4.84g | Sugar: 8.61g | Vitamin A: 7921.61IU | Vitamin C: 40.53mg | Calcium: 96.35mg | Iron: 1.9mg