Here is a recipe for busy day soup:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta (such as macaroni or ditalini)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is browned and crumbled.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, corn, beef broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, and thyme to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the pot and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with additional black pepper or chopped fresh herbs, if desired. Enjoy!