Here is a recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the broccoli, carrot, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in batches.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream. Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!