Broccoli Stuffed Chicken (low-carb, Keto)
Soft cheese and creamy chicken breast stuffed with broccoli, garlic, parmesan, cheddar and cream cheese.
- grill pan
- mixing bowls
- kitchen knife
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or melted cheese of choice
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- To steam broccoli: Chop the broccoli florets into small pieces. Place the whole broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and about 2 tablespoons of water. add water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, steam on the stovetop or boil in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast horizontally to create a pocket. Be sure not to cut about 1/2 inch from the ends and sides. Sprinkle chicken breasts generously with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix steam and chopped broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, cheeses and salt and pepper; set it aside. Spread the mixture evenly on each chicken breast. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: 1 chicken breast | Calories: 242kcal | Carbs: 6g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 879mg | Potassium: 267mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1163IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 1mg