Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
These Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a quick and easy keto dinner that are around 2 net carbs per serving.
Today I am sharing a very simple and delicious dinner recipe. This broccoli cheese chicken is naturally gluten-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly.
Moreover, it is made in just one plate and is ready in about 30 minutes! I don’t know about you, but this checks every box on my menu!
When it comes to keto chicken recipes, I usually prefer stir-fried chicken like this one. I love the extra flavor you get when you fry seasoned chicken breasts.
However, this requires a few extra steps and sometimes we need dinner to be as easy as possible! This broccoli and cheese-stuffed chicken breast recipe features chicken breasts stuffed with a creamy broccoli cheddar mix. The chicken is then seasoned and cooked to perfection!
Ingredients for Stuffed Chicken with Broccoli and Cheese
This broccoli-stuffed chicken breast recipe requires only five essential ingredients. What you need to make Keto Stuffed Chicken:
- Chicken breast
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Cajun Spice
Is Broccoli Keto?
Yes! Broccoli is high in fiber, with roughly 2 net carbs coming out per 1 cup of broccoli.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
No, I recommend using fresh broccoli for this recipe.
How to Make Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
The broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts are so easy to prepare! Here’s an overview of the cooking process:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small bowl, combine broccoli, cheddar cheese and softened cream cheese, set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise to unfold the breast folds (make sure not to cut completely)
- Spread the broccoli cheddar mixture on one side of the chicken and fold the other side, securing with a toothpick.
- Lightly sprinkle cajun seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
How to Make Chicken Breast Butterfly?
Place a chicken breast on a cutting board and, using a very sharp knife, cut the chicken breast horizontally about 3/4 of the way. Fold the top half of the chicken open like a butterfly.
Chicken breast should be equally thin on both sides so that it cooks evenly. This is an excellent method for stuffing chicken with any of your favorite fillings.
How Many Carbs Are in This Recipe?
Each stuffed chicken breast has two net carbs per serving. This easy recipe fits perfectly into a low carb or keto friendly lifestyle.
What to Serve with Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
This broccoli cheddar stuffed chicken is such a great dish that goes well with many flavors. One of my favorite low carb side dishes are these. They are an excellent sub for traditional fries! I love to dip mine in low carb ranch dressing.
Tips for Making Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
- You may need to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before butterflying them. They shouldn’t be pounded thinly, just to an even thickness.
- The trick to butterflying chicken breasts is to cut them almost in half, but not all the way through.
- You do not need to cook the broccoli before stuffing it into the chicken breasts. I used raw broccoli florets to make the cheddar and cream cheese stuffed chicken.
- 4 small chicken breast
- 3/4 cup broccoli*, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the broccoli, cheddar cheese and softened cream cheese, set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise so that the breast folds open (be sure not to slice all the way through)
- Spread the broccoli cheddar mixture on one side of the chicken and fold the other side over, secure with a toothpick.
- Lightly sprinkle the cajun seasoning on each side of the chicken.
- Place in a greased baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Would be nice if you could had Nutritional values, such as carbs, fat etc.