WHAT IS AVOCADO TOAST?
This is an open sandwich where mashed avocado is spread on the toast along with some salt, pepper, and lemon juice. The toast is very flexible and to enhance the flavor you can add olive oil, red onion, pepper flakes, cilantro or coriander leaves, hummus, egg, chicken, crispy bacon, turkey, etc.
INGREDIENTS FOR AVOCADO TOAST
2 Sourdough or whole-grain bread slices
1 ripe Avocado or Butter fruit
1/4 to 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 to 2 tsp Lemon or lime juice
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Red onion finely chopped
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1/2 tbsp Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST, CREAMY AND HEALTHY AVOCADO TOAST OR BUTTER FRUIT TOAST
- Remove the pit from an avocado. Using a spoon scoop out the flesh, add it to a bowl, and using a fork mash it till it’s smooth as you like.
- Add lemon juice, garlic powder, salt to taste and mix well. Adjust the ingredients amount as per your taste.
- Toast the bread until crisp and golden brown in a toaster, or toast in a pan on medium heat with butter or olive oil.
- Spread the mashed avocado on top of the toast. Garnish it with red onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes or use any other topping ideas mentioned in the post.
- For good results use good quality bread that this thick and crusty.
- I prefer to use these toppings when preparing toast. But you are free to adjust all the ingredients and their amounts as per your liking.
- Use ripe avocados (do not use unripe or overripe avocados) while making toasts.