- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the beef broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the egg noodles to the pot and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve the soup hot.
Optional additions: You can add additional vegetables to the soup, such as bell peppers or green beans. You can also try adding a bay leaf or some fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, for added flavor.Beef Noodle Soup