Here is a recipe for a ketogenic (keto) beef dish that includes the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- If desired, top the dish with shredded cheese and place it under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the dish hot with a side of low-carb vegetables. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be made with chicken, pork, or lamb by simply substituting the ground beef for your desired protein.
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that has been shown to be effective for weight loss and improving certain health markers. It involves significantly reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with healthy fats, such as those found in avocados, nuts, and olive oil.
One of the key principles of the keto diet is to enter a metabolic state called ketosis, in which the body becomes more efficient at burning fat for fuel. This can be achieved by consuming a diet that is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.
There are many benefits to following a ketogenic diet, including weight loss, improved blood sugar control, and reduced risk of certain chronic diseases. However, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new diet, as the keto diet may not be appropriate for everyone.
In addition to following a ketogenic diet, it’s important to stay hydrated, get enough sleep, and engage in regular physical activity. These lifestyle factors can help support overall health and well-being, regardless of the type of diet you follow.