Here is a recipe for beef barley soup with prime rib:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked prime rib
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the diced prime rib, carrots, and pearl barley to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth, red wine, and add the bay leaves and thyme. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let the soup simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.