- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are still slightly soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your bakery-style chocolate chip cookies with a glass of cold milk!
Note: For an even more decadent treat, you can add chopped nuts or other mix-ins to the cookie dough, such as M&Ms or peanut butter chips.