- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let sit until the mixture becomes frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the warm milk, eggs, 4 cups of the flour, and salt until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-7 minutes, adding additional flour as needed until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 12-16 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball.
- Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for another 15 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I am going to try this recipe this week end. I will send you a report. Thank you.