- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until the beef is browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, beef broth, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the tomato and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!