- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the broccoli and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and grated cheese, and continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the soup is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can also use a blender or food processor to blend the soup, but be sure to let it cool before blending and work in batches to avoid overfilling the blender and splattering hot soup.