Here is a recipe for a hearty and flavorful three bean chili:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, beef broth, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the quinoa.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings (such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions). Enjoy!